The Star Wars saga always strives for balance within the force. What better way to balance the “Light Side” Strawberry Ice Cream Pie than with rich dark chocolate? My girls and I had fun using our graham cracker pie crust recipe, our favorite dark chocolate pudding, and freshly toasted marshmallows to make a “Dark Side” Campfire S’ Mores Pie and Parfait Cups. This recipe comes together in a flash, is kid-approved, and tastes amazing!
I couldn’t resist researching the history of S’Mores. It turns out that the first published recipe with the title “Some More” is from 1927 in Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts. It calls for for 16 graham crackers, 8 bars of chocolate, and 16 marshmallows. If you would like to read “some more”, this article from Food and Wine magazine was very interesting!
We used the extra graham crackers, pudding, and marshmallows to create parfait cups! Go ahead embrace the dark side and enjoy both!
Dark Side Campfire S’ Mores Pie
- 14 sheets graham crackers* plus extra for serving
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 container prepared chocolate pudding*
- 1 bag marshmallows*
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Crush the graham crackers in a mixing bowl. (I like to use my stand mixer)
- Add olive oil and continue to crush or mix with stand mixer until graham crackers are broken into small pieces.
- Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan or use a rectangular glass baking dish.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes or until graham crackers are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Then freeze for 1 hour.
- After the pie shell is frozen add your favorite prepared chocolate pudding.
- Slice each marshmallow into three round slices. Top the pie with marshmallow slices.
- Using a kitchen torch, lightly toast the marshmallows.
- Add additional crushed graham crackers for serving.