You will go over the rainbow for this healthy, colorful grain bowl, featuring a pea mint sauce.
I love colors and always try to make my plate or bowl as colorful as possible. One chef who always inspires me is Giada De Laurentiis. Pea pesto crostini and pea mint crostini are just two of her standout recipes. These recipes were a great way to trick the kids into eating peas when they were little.
However, since we have moved to a plant-based diet focusing on seasonal fresh vegetables, whole grains, and very little oil, I wanted to modify a favorite recipe for a lighter, healthier version.
Here is how you can create a beautiful, healthy, rainbow grain bowl with ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Mint Pea Sauce
- 2 cups frozen petite peas thawed or fresh
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 bunch fresh mint stems removed
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients together. If needed thin sauce with a little water or additional lemon juice.