A Bit of History
I told my family, “call me in the morning when you wake up and I’ll make you a smoothie”! I was really channeling the lyrics of the Muppet Show: Put the Lime in the Coconut song. Although, the original song and lyrics belong to the Harry Nilsson, we love the Muppets version. We went through a phase in my home where my kids wanted to listen to Muppets tunes on repeat. In addition to being one of our favorite Muppets renditions, this song was the inspiration for today’s kid-friendly Pineapple Lime Coconut Smoothie.
About the Recipe: Pineapple Lime Coconut Smoothie
My kids love to make fruit smoothies with me in the kitchen. It is always exciting to see what creations they concoct. Today’s version consists of fresh lime and orange juice, pineapple chunks, banana, and vanilla soy yogurt for extra creaminess. We always make a large batch and freeze individual servings. Simply, remove from the freezer and pack in an insulated lunch bag for a healthy school lunch addition or snack.
Muppets Smoothie (Lime, Coconut, Pineapple, Orange, Banana)
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 2 cups pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup dried coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 oranges, juices or sub 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 limes, juiced or sub 2-3 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 5.3 oz containers of vanilla soy yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together. Add more juice or water if smoothie is too thick.
- Store in individual serving containers in refrigerator or freezer.
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Try these Ultratruffle favorites:
Smaug Smoothie: Dragonfruit, Blueberry, Strawberry
The Big Green Monster: Kid Friendly Kale Smoothie